Applications are open! Looking for Content Team Members and Content Creators!

Staff, Rank, and what to expect.

Beetleboy

This is a call to all the players, help the newbies not to bother every one, If you have the time talk to them and tell them how to do the basics before they cause problems.

I am tired of seeing the new users log on and start asking for every thing under the sun...
I have been known to dump some gear on some one that's new and seems to be having problems, or give a hand with a build or walk some one there the always fun set home... But I am not obligated to do this for every one.

I remember the first time I asked for help getting home after doing set home I got "are you that stupid?"

Remind them to read the rules, and remind them even asking staff "can I have one of those OP swords" or such IS breaking the rule.

BUT even after this time and all the problems I have seen I do not know what a helper/mod/ builder can do.
I will defer all answers to this to the staff as I am not staff.
This is not something new I had to deal with it when I ran a BBS (yes in the dark ages before smart phones and easy internet) .
When I was a mucker ( I am Horance AKA the evil kitten creator of pixel's cookie jar) I discouraged this and now I see it in anther game/form.

All I ask is every one remember you were new once to, and be friendly to them

ItsSniper

Owner & Founder
OWNER
MANAGEMENT
STAFF
I agree with you completely about new players. I have been working on a tutorial system for new players to explain to them the basic rules, basics of the server, how to set homes, how to get items, how to sell, etc. I plan on rolling out the feature soon once I'm done with testing for it :)

Beetleboy

Maybe It would help to know what can and cannot be done by the helper/Mod/Builder and all the other staff.

ItsSniper

Owner & Founder
OWNER
MANAGEMENT
STAFF
Maybe It would help to know what can and cannot be done by the helper/Mod/Builder and all the other staff.
Well, staff are simply there to moderate the server and builders are there to build for the server. Most people know this from either playing other servers or experiencing it themselves. Even if we gave some sort of explanation, many people still will either no read it, or they will just ignore it. I think the people that cause issues generally don't really care to read things anyway, they just instantly want everything handed to them and done for them. But I will consider making something to explain staff ranks a bit.